Thursday, January 8, 2009

Last leg of our Journey

Yesterday at Ro's medical exam (medical visa for approval to travel) they indicated that he needed to have some blood drawn....This was HORRIBLE!! The little guy looked at me like "You are not going to let them do this to me....Are you??!!"
Then when they started to draw the blood he yanked his little arm away....causing lots of bleeding. He was crying and screaming and my new mommy heart was breaking.:(

He made it through this and came out like a champ. He is something else. I think everyday we get to know more about him and his personality the more we are amazed.

It is like monkey see, monkey do with Chris and Ro. It is so funny to watch.
Chris puts on his hat....Ro puts on his hat...
Chris takes off his hat to fan himself when he is hot and Ro has to also take his hat off.
When we are in a restaurant or area where it is appropriate to take your hat off...Ro will take his hat off and point to Chris' to remind him he must do the same.

He is such a little gentleman. The other morning he was washing a dish in the sink after he used it. This is what I mean by amazing us.......The little things that we can't believe he knows to do already.

Yesterday we completed and Received Ro's passport and tomorrow we head for Hanoi to complete the last leg of this journey. We are hoping by Monday everything will be complete for us to start working on our flight arrangements and start heading home. We are looking so forward to getting back and work on getting Ro all settled in to life at home. We have already bonded so much that it is hard for us to even imagine life without him already.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Lisa and Chris,

Thank you so much for sharing this journey with all of us. I look forward to waking up every morning and reading about lil Ro. I know I have said over and over how excited I am for you, but it is just amazing how God had this plan for the both of you and seeing pictures of the 3 of you is wonderful. Everyone should experience being a parent!!

I look forward to meeting him. Have a safe trip home:)

Love,
The Winters

Unknown said...

Chris, Lisa & Ro,

We are so happy for all three of you now that you have become a family. Ro sounds like an exceptional little boy. He is so lucky. Happy and Safe travels back home.

Becky & Scott.

Unknown said...

Yeah!! You're almost finished :) Hugs and kisses to all of you! We look forward to your return and our first play date.

Beth, Scott and the kids

Jenn said...

Lisa and Chris-

I am sorry little Ro had to go through that, but at least mommy was there to make it all better :) I loved reading the part about Ro doing what Chris was doing- too cute. We are just so happy and excited for you and love reading all about the journey. Looking forward to meeting him someday very soon. Can't wait to hear more.

Love,
The Whortons

kathyandlisa said...

I wanted to let you know how happy I am for all of you! Ro is so adorable and I can't wait to meet him! Kaden saw pictures of him today and he got all excited too!
Love,
Lisa
I am so happy for you and Chris. I cried tears of joy when I saw your pics. Can't wait to see all of you when you get back

Love ya
Kathy